Monday, February 28, 2011

Serving while in the Waiting Room

Romans 15:17 (New International Version, ©2010)

17 Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God.

Last week I literally got a 'call' to lead the Sunday service at church. I would was asked to do all the announcements and the basic 'elements' of the service.

As I was asked... I suddenly was overwhelmed with a peace that I haven't had for a long time... I have been in the 'waiting room'... wondering when God would call me for a specific purpose to serve Him.

And so,last Sunday I was able to serve...interestingly enough, we were talking about Spiritual Gifts... and I felt so, so, blessed to be able to use the Spiritual Gift I have been given in order to serve Him.

After the service, many people came up and thanked me for sharing the gift with them this morning... and I am praying that I will receive another 'call' to serve Him in the near future.

And it is interesting to note... this was in a traditional church setting... not an alternative church that I thought I was being led to... maybe God has something else in store for me...

No comments: