Sunday, February 13, 2011

What is the Fruit of Your Spirit?

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version, ©2010)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.


Lately, I have noticed an increase in 'hot button' issues in my life... you know, the pet peeves... the items that raise your blood pressure with a simple syllable. After a day of fighting back these annoyances, I went to a membership orientation meeting at church this afternoon... and in the midst of it as we were talking about the church and it's beliefs, I felt a peace that I haven't had in awhile. The Spirit was present in that room today.

Later, we were discussing an issue that is dear to my heart (the same issue that was taunting me before the meeting) and we talked about the two opposite viewpoints. The woman sitting next to me (who also holds the opposite view as me) put her arm around me and I leaned into her with love as I said we were on the opposite side of this topic.

This is what church should be about... where you can still LOVE each other even if you don't agree. This is the Spirit bringing unity to the Church.

No comments: