Sunday, February 04, 2007

Coffee House Vision

Jacob’s Well Coffeehouse Vision

My calling in Montrose has always been about having a business that would be a part of the community where people who did not want to attend organized church could go where Christ could love them. There would be no church per se but rather the business which would fund the ministry activities of the church. It would be a completely different way of doing church than had previously occurred. I envisioned the idea of a coffeehouse and no other idea for a business has filled me with passion or brought out a positive response from people in Montrose. So why haven’t I gone ahead and started this endeavor?

There are a couple of stumbling blocks…

• No space for the coffeeshop
• No money to start the business
• No people who are committed to this same vision

And yet this vision continues to grab a hold of me to the point that I feel if I do anything else that I would not be following what God has asked me to do here in Montrose. And yet, I am stumped as to what step to take next.

God… if you have truly given me this vision for Montrose… a place where Christ can love the people here… than show me the way… open the doors and guide me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say it's ajust a matter of time. However living throughit sometimes it feels like maybe we are not on to anything. I beleive God is faithful. I know we've been praying. I don't know why the hold up. The only thing that comes to mind is that things are not ready yet. People are not here who need to be. The buildings we need aren't even here.

Pastor Lisa Ellwoods said...

Maybe it doesn't look the way that we have envisioned it... maybe there needs to be a re-envisioning...

Anonymous said...

I to have been called to open A coffee house im working on my biz plan maybe you should to if you havent got one already. Sometimes we think God has called us to do his work but we do nothing but talk about it. I know He wants me to put the plan togather befor i look for the funding we can trust God more when we show Him we are ready.

Pastor Lisa Ellwoods said...

Hey, fellow dreamer... I have just started looking into a business plan too... Maybe we can help each other?

Unknown said...

stumbled on your blog while looking for coffee house ministry visions. Don't get discouraged. I have the same vision to start one in the Tulsa, OK area. I don't know how it's going to happen--only that it will. A non-traditional way for people to connect to Jesus. I think God is moving more people to do these kinds of things. Keep dreaming and believing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.