Saturday, August 09, 2008

How to be In Ministry without Money

A pastor friend of mine sent out a plea yesterday for more funding so that he can stay in ministry.

My mother-in-law used to tell me about her old church where the pastor would regularly request money from the congregation for his personal income.

I wanted to be in ministry without asking for money... but how can people do this? Any ideas?

We have been creative on jobs and financing in my family but with the way things are going in today's economy... how can we all live without the income?

Jesus didn't have anything... he relied on people he met to provide the resources for his ministry. Can you see pastors actually being able to do that today? Maybe in some parts of the world, but in the US... probably not.

I still am not convinced money needs to be at the root of a ministry... and I am open to alternatives.

Peace,
Lisa

No comments: