Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Abbey

Announcing…. The Abbey

I have been trying to come up with some sort of clever play on words (so that I won’t be infringing upon copyright)… I have tried many names out and keep coming up with simply “The Abbey”.

So what is “The Abbey”? It is a group of people who have dedicated themselves to the following:

To growing with each other closer to Christ in such a manner so that we might share Christ’s love with others.

In other words, this is a group of people who are interested in becoming closer to Christ and also sharing that closeness with those around them. People who are following Christ will take part in regular prayers, worship, meals with each other and study of the Bible. They will also take an active role in their community in order that Christ might use them in the community.

As a part of this new endeavor, I would like to begin a more active online community in which I will place weekly teachings/devotionals on this blog. My hope is that this can keep us connected with each other even when we are not actually getting together.

If God is willing… I would like to see The Abbey group start running in September… if you are interested in joining the Abbey or if you have questions, please email me at jacobswellprayer@aol.com.

Peace,

Lisa

No comments: