Thursday, February 28, 2008

Operation Joseph Review

I don’t think I had fully understood Joseph’s ministry in Egypt when I wrote the blog entry for the Coffeehouse Vision…

Joseph’s ministry in Egypt was a direct response to the crisis that was happening around him. He was ‘called’ by Pharaoh into a ministry that feed people in a drought situation. Yes, Joseph had vision from God to lead him through this situation.

I, too, have found myself through circumstances to be helping out in the middle of a crisis situation here in Montrose. Last fall, the school district proposed a levy for operating expenses in the district. Well, this levy did not pass and now we are faced with many personnel cuts across the district.

One of the cuts directly effects a program that my daughter is involved in… there will no longer be funding for the instructor for the Montrose Suzuki Program. I volunteered to be a part of the grant-writing committee (thinking I would learn how to write grants for the coffee shop) and I find myself working on proposals and going to school board meetings just to save the program.

I know that I didn’t realize it at the time, but I feel that I was ‘called’ like Joseph into this situation so that I would be able to participate in it and make a difference for the kids.

I think this is what true ministry should look like… helping out when needed in whatever way you are able to. What I am participating in now with the Suzuki group is probably more like Joseph’s ministry than what I had thought about with the coffee shop. Isn’t it wonderful when God places you right where you are needed?

Peace,
Lisa

No comments: