Sunday, January 28, 2007

What is God asking me to do?

I came to a realization today. I had received my pastoral credential renewal in the mail and promptly put my renewal sticker on my license. I noticed that I have had the license for two years and I realized that, yes, God has called me to be the pastor of Jacob's Well and I need to be focusing on what I have in front of me before I can worry about some time in the distant future. I don't know if this makes sense, so I will try to explain. When I think of my calling, I generally have been looking toward the future. This is good for vision casting and direction, but I think I am missing the ministry that is happening here and now. I have regular attending people at Jacob's Well and I think that I forget to point them toward God. After all, this is my job as a pastor. I realized today that God intends for me to be focusing on the people and loving them and the rest will follow. I need to remember this as we go on in Jacob's Well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just seeing if I can post.
Lisa